There are stereotypes for every US State – some are hilarious. Which is your favorite?
Every place has a stereotype associated with it – this video runs through stereotypes of all 50 US States in a quick two minute video.
50 State Stereotypes
Now that I’m back, I was updating my list of countries and states visited when I came across this video. No state is left unparodied.
My favorite is “Pennsylvania – Even our Amish will fight you”. Also New Jersey – “G-T-L (Guidos, turnpikes, and leeching off New York)”
The 50 State Stereotypes list comes from Paul Jury’s book, States of Confusion, chronicling his post-college 48-state road trip.
Disclaimer: These are not politically correct and certainly not endorsed by this site.
Full list of 50 State Stereotypes:
Let’s start in alphabetical order, to be fair.
- Alabama – Our state bird is the NASCAR.
- Alaska – I can see seasonal depression from here.
- Arizona – Keeping Indians in and Mexicans out!
- Arkansas – Great scenery, brilliant people…. I’m sorry, we got Walmart.
- California – Gay Mexican boob job computer hippies that really want to direct…
- Colorado – SNOW, I mean cocaine. We’re also known for skiing.
- Connecticut – Great schools, because there is nothing else to do.
- Delaware – Come, we’ve got low incorporation fees. No seriously. Please come.
- Florida – The more north you go the more south it gets.
- Georgia – Atlanta! We’re kind of ashamed of the rest of it, though.
- Hawaii – If you lived here, you’d be lazy too.
- Idaho – Potatoes and Napolean Dynamite… god we’re cool!
- Illinois – Look! A non-corrupt politician, for once, so far.
- Indiana – You have to drive through us to get to somewhere better.
- Iowa – 56,000 square miles of dull.
- Kansas – White-breds making wheat bread.
- Kentucky – Farming from the future; textbooks from 1925.
- Louisiana – Thanks BP, like we didn’t have enough problems.
- Maine – A wicked lot of moose, eh?
- Maryland – Have Jeeves bring the lobster boat around.
- Massachusettes – Our chief export is obnoxious Pats fans.
- Michigan – Cereal makers, serial killers.
- Minnesota – Too nice NOT to elect douche-y governors.
- Mississippi – I’m gonna need a bigger bible belt.
- Missouri – We’re #1!…. in… meth.
- Montana – Speed limits don’t matter when you’re drunk.
- Nebraska – Footballs, drawls, and overalls…
- Nevada – No laws, no problem. Except all the murders…
- New Hampshire – Half hippy, half French, all upper class.
- New Jersey – GTL (Guidos, turnpikes, and leeching off New York)
And more 50 state stereotypes!
Next, let’s look at the last 20 states:
- New Mexico – Like regular Mexico, but with more UFO’s
- New York – World’s 14th biggest city, first biggest ego.
- North Carolina – First in flight and lung cancer.
- North Dakota – Somehow even worse than South Dakota.
- Ohio – People care about us at election time…?
- Oklahoma – 10 days tornado free!
- Oregon – Dreadlocks on caucasians.
- Pennsylvania – Even our Almish will fight you.
- Rhode Island – No seriously! We’re a state!
- South Carolina – Still accepting Confederate dollars.
- South Dakota – …. at least we’re not North Dakota.
- Tennessee – Where white people music comes from.
- Texas – Everything is bigger, even our morons.
- Utah – Multiple homely wives.
- Vermont – Gay marriages on maple syrup farms.
- Virginia – Center of civilization to hicks-ville in 20 minutes flat.
- Washington – Richer hippies than Oregon.
- West Virginia – Inbred lovechild of Virginia and DC.
- Wisconsin – It’s too cold to be sober.
- Wyoming – We don’t have any gay cowboys, alright? Okay, maybe a few gay cowboys…
Which is your favorite one? Were you offended by any of these?
This 50 State Stereotypes list is originally posted from Reddit.
Want more travel posts?
After posting about my recent trip over a half year through 15 countries, I have lots to share. I’ll also post stories and photos from my trips around the World and in the United States. In the meantime, after you check out the 50 State Stereotypes, check out my the rest of the trip.