I found the Bahrain architecture to be impressive! I’ll introduce my top 5 favorite buildings in Bahrain.
Bahrain Bay Four Seasons – best new Bahrain architecture
Bahrain loves multi-tower buildings! Check out the new Bahrain Bay Four Seasons building. This 68 floor building is interesting too. They have their own a private 12-acre man-made island!
The designer is SOM. Beautiful! It’s new. See below.
United Tower aka The Twisting Tower / Wyndham
The United Tower looks so interesting. It’s also known as the Twisting Tower, and Wyndham Grand Manama. The 50-story United Tower looks like a huge drill.
Apparently this twist style of design is not only on the Bahrain architecture. It’s also all around the world. Check out this below info graphic:
Thanks to Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat for the info graphic.
Grand Mosque aka Al Fateh Mosque
- The Al Fateh Mosque (Grand Mosque) is the largest place of worship and among the largest mosques in the world!
- The dome is the largest fibreglass dome in the world
- The mosque covers 6,500 square meters. It can accommodate more than 7000 worshippers at a time.
- The Grand Mosque is named after Ahmed Al Fateh, the conqueror of Bahrain.
- The Grand Mosque of Fateh is also known as Al Fateh Islamic Centre and Al Fateh Mosque.
- Where to find the Grand Mosque? The mosque is located next to the King Faisal Highway. That’s in Juffair, Manama.
More info at wikipedia.
Bahrain World Trade Center – most impressive?
My favorite was the Bahrain World Trade Center, with wind turbines between the twin towers. Awesome!
One more building with architecture worth enjoying below.
Favorite Bahrain architecture
I love all five of these. Which is your favorite?
I really loved my day in Bahrain – fortunately I was there before the Middle East fell apart
For more on Bahrain architecture news here.